Saturday, March 6, 2021

Terrain Crate - Dungeon Traps

Recently, I've painted up some Dungeon Traps from Mantic, and while I'm not partial to plastic miniatures, I found these "terrain bits" to be useful and fun to paint. They are not Old School, but neither do they detract from the Old School æsthetic.


Dungeon Traps Terrain Crate by Mantic

Included in my "crate": a spring trap, a poison trap, a pit trap, and a blade trap.  Also a lever, a ladder and a trap door. Finally, there is what looks to be a wooden chock on a rope; perhaps to be used with a boulder in the style of Indiana Jones.

These bits are easy to paint and yield a good result. Below are my own, painted versions - I did not need the ladder or wooden chock; they will appear in some later post. 



Unfortunately, despite the reasonable price tag (USD $19.99/GBP £14.99), the set, as seen above, is no longer listed. Elements can be found in their Dark Lord's Tower crate, where the buyer receives two sets of Dungeon Traps for USD $29.99/GBP £24.99, plus some sorcerous bits-and-bobs, which seems to be a fairly good deal....




No comments:

Post a Comment