Monday, August 24, 2020

Welcome, Adventurers

This is the newest of several gaming-oriented blogs I have, which are listed in the sidebar. My general blog "Tempests in a Teapot" is mainly for Sci-Fi and Modern gaming, while "The Burning Sands of Syrtis Major" is dedicated to Space: 1889 and Victorian Gaming. Finally, "Dagorath Arthedain" is dedicated to Middle-Earth gaming, and that's very much it's own niche as well.

Dungeons and Dragons was my first RPG. As a young lad, the Basic D&D Rules fell into my hands, and a new hobby was borne. AD&D would follow, but I didn't stay with it for long, lured as I was with promises of more "authenticity" by Chivalry and Sorcery.  Factors and calculators and matrices, oh my!

Traveller soon followed (along side flirtations with Space Opera) and then Call of Cthulhu (which became and remains my favourite game, due in part to atmosphere and the ability to scare the pants off adults).

As time goes by, one becomes aware of how little time is left, and a desire for something simply fun becomes important. So, some 30 years later, I've come back to (inter alia) Dungeons and Dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment